With fall fast approaching and some areas of the world already beginning to see the shades of autumn leaves appearing I thought it might be a fun idea to track where the peak colors are changing. I hope you'll jump in and participate in this project!
Here's the idea:
1) Take pictures of the peak fall colors near you and post about them on your blog. Be sure to tell us some details of where the pictures were taken and what kind of trees are pictured. It doesn't have to be in your yard, just somewhere near you.
2) Then report back to this post and let me know that you've posted your peak post. I'll link to your post so that everyone may enjoy your fall color display.
3) Be sure to identify your City, State (or province) and Country in your post and in the link.
4) Also please be sure to link back to this post to encourage others to participate!
In theory we should be able to follow the transition of peak times from far in the north to as far south as the leaves change color. Sorry to those folks in the deep south or in the tropics this is more of a cooler climate event.
I'll post the most recent 5 blog posts in my sidebar with a link to a summary post that will include some of the details of each fall color location. All bloggers are welcome to participate, it's not just for garden bloggers! So quickly go out there and take some fall color pictures in their prime before the trees get naked!
- About Growing The Home Garden
- Plant Propagation
- All About Propagation
- Propagation Guide (Chart)
- 10 Easy Plants to Propagate
- Hardwood Cuttings
- What are Plant Patents?
- The Vegetable Garden
- Raised Beds
- Seed Sowing 101
- Vegetables of My Garden
- Garden Pests
- Beneficial Insects and Creatures
- Can You Afford Not To Garden?
- Book Reviews
- Garden Planning
- Garden Projects