- Think about a fence (From Tina). Whether for aesthetics or for function fences are good for the garden. Different fences can solve different issues. A simple wire fence may keep out the smaller garden pests like rabbits but a much taller version is needed for deer.
- Consider engineered lumber as a material (From Carol). It's also known as composite wood and goes under a couple brand names. It's made from recycled plastics and wood particles and lasts a long time. If I remember right it has a nearly 20 year warranty. Not bad!
- Look for salvaged materials (from Kookster). You can find salvaged or leftover bricks and materials to use for your raised beds at listing services like Craigslist and Freecycle.
- About Growing The Home Garden
- Plant Propagation
- All About Propagation
- Propagation Guide (Chart)
- 10 Easy Plants to Propagate
- Hardwood Cuttings
- What are Plant Patents?
- The Vegetable Garden
- Raised Beds
- Seed Sowing 101
- Vegetables of My Garden
- Garden Pests
- Beneficial Insects and Creatures
- Can You Afford Not To Garden?
- Book Reviews
- Garden Planning
- Garden Projects
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
3 More Things About Raised Beds
In my last post I mentioned 11 Things to Think About When Designing Your Raised Bed Vegetable Garden. Here are a few more ideas suggested by commenters!