What's on the big garden to-do list this weekend?
- The greenhouse - hopefully I'll play inside it working on insulating the walls - putting on a few internal walls - and maybe building a shelf to hold some plants.
- More on the greenhouse - Put on more siding - having a half finished layer of siding is driving me nuts - of course I could look at from the other perspective: the siding is half done!
- Build another raised bed - still on the to-do list. One of these days...
- Fill the raised bed - with a variety of layers.
- Work on the lawnmower - it's time to do any pre-spring lawnmower maintenance - especially if you were lazy in the fall like me. Sharpen the blades, check the oil - replace it, check spark-plugs, write a post about it, and please don't blow it up.
- Take lots of Pictures - The daffodils are almost in bloom!
What Happened this week on The Home Garden?
Sunday March 7, 2010
- Four Favorite Plants - You still have time to put together a post about your four favorite plants. Pick one plant from each type: annual, perennial, shrub, and tree.Cyndy is the first to post on her four favorite plants.
- TARP for Gardening - A post all about a unique gardening tool that will make all your garden cleanup chores a lot simpler!
Monday March 8, 2010
- My Greenhouse Roof Re-do Project. I attempted to solve some leaky issues on my roof window. It has a few leaks that need caulked but its performance is greatly improved.
Tuesday March 9, 2010
- Getting Things Done - check to see what I've accomplished in the yard and garden so far.
Wednesday March 10, 2010
- Winter Blooming Jasmine - In March! If you need a color fix for early spring Winter Blooming Jasmine might be just the thing!
Thursday March 11, 2010
- Yoshino Cherry Buds are Swelling - yet another sign of spring's arrival.
Friday March 12, 2010
- Herbs in the Vegetable Garden - Don't overlook planting herbs in the vegetable garden - they make great companions.
Past Garden Blogger Assignment Updates:
Thanks to Tina who also likes to Play with Blocks
*It's not too late to get in on the previous assignments!