So what is really wrong with my garden? Here's the short list!
- Encroaching weeds - crabgrass in particular which is going to seed now!
- Too many plants in too small spaces - when starting the garden I planned on transplanting things in a few years so that I could get a more full look right away. It's now been a few years and it's time for transplanting! Not to mention plants like mint and Sweet Autumn clematis that are bent on complete and total garden domination.
- The edging needs weedwacked. I had trouble starting my 2 year old Ryobi 4 cycle weedeater the other day. Hopefully I can get it working to trim up the areas that really need it!
- The vegetable garden is a mess with tomatoes gone wild, rodents munching my melons, and what else? Weeds! I need to get my fall garden going but have some prep work to do first.
- The birdbath in the birdbath garden needs repaired. (The soldering broke on the copper bath.)
- Stepping stones need made for the side garden.
- The yard needs mowed.
- An azalea needs rescued from the weeds along the slope.
- A swale needs constructed for better drainage near the shed.
- The tiered garden bed needs filled with soil (layered/lasagna method).
- The garden shed needs caulked and painted
I could probably go on. And on.
So what's wrong with your garden?