How to Propagate a Montauk Daisy
- In the spring or summer take stem tip cuttings with about 3 nodes.
- Dip the cut end in rooting hormone
- Stick the cutting in moist sand, sand and peat, or another propagating medium.
- Keep the cuttings moist until rooting at or around 70 degrees.
- I didn't cover the cuttings but if you have problems with the soil medium drying out a plastic bag propped up can help maintain the humidity!
My cuttings rooted a couple months ago but needed to be kept indoors where the temperatures were constant. 5 out of 5 cuttings rooted so this is yet another easy plant to propagate!
What are you looking forward to rooting this year?