Highly Recommended Garden Resources:
- University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension - If you need very good, well researched information on gardening, pests, plants, and a host of other subjects the UT Extension is an awesome resource!
- USDA Plants Database -A good place to find the technical info on various plants.
- Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant Council - If you are concerned about invasive plants in Tennessee read up at the TEPPC
- Southeast Exotic Pest Plants Council - If you are concerned about invasive plants in the southeast read up at the SE-EPPC
- The National Arbor Day Foundation -
- The National Gardening Association -
- Horticulture Magazine -
- East Tennessee Wildflowers - a great site to help identify wildflowers you may not know.
- Cheekwood Botanical Gardens - Nashville's most well known botanical garden - a great place to visit!
- American Horticultural Society -The AHS also produces The American Gardener, a very useful magazine a very useful magazine for gardeners. Each year the AHS has a seed exchange which is a great way to get seeds economically!
- Dave's Garden Watchdog - Contains recommendations for many of the top nurseries.
Garden Supplies (affiliate links)
- Gardener's Supply Company - Lots of useful gardening tools (composters, rain barrels, etc.), gadgets, and seed starting supplies. (Gardener's Supply Company Deals of the Week: amazing discounts on Gardener's Supply favorites!)
- Safer Brand Products - Safer carries many organic and naturally based products fro use in the garden and for pets as well! Visit SaferBrand.com For Organic Pest Control Products
- FarmTek/GrowersSupply - has products that range from seed starting to greenhouses, everything in between and much more! Steals & Deals at GrowersSupply.com
Great Books for Your Gardening Library
Greenwood Nursery is your one stop shopping for Fast Growing Trees, Flowering Shrubs, Evergreen Groundcovers, Perennials, Organic Lawn Care Products, African Market Baskets.
Garden Resource and Sponsor Directory:
The garden resource directory includes companies and websites that are sponsoring The Home Garden. Read this page to learn how to become a sponsor of Growing The Home Garden.
Ipe Decking is world renowned for beauty and dependability. Beyond the natural beauty of the material, it is dense, hard and naturally resistant to insects and rot. The longevity of this wood, with or without stain means maintenance free, worry free enjoyment for years to come. Everlasting Hardwoods: 24 Tacon St Mobile, AL 36607 (800 )999-7616
A Note on the Above Resources:
The Home Garden (www.GrowingTheHomeGarden.com) and Dave cannot police or control the content on other websites. If you find something incorrect, (or worse) offensive, or abusive at any of the above links please contact me and I will investigate and remove any links that do not reflect the quality necessary to retain their listing here. Companies and websites listed in the resource directory have offered to sponsor Growing The Home Garden financially in exchange for their listing. Companies listed under Highly Recommended Garden Resources are purely my recommendations and have not paid to have their site listed. They may be changed or added to at any time.