This weekend's weather will be good for the first half which is just what I need to get a little more done on the greenhouse. Saturday will find me sawing and hammering more siding in the gables after a quick trip for supplies. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get the outside done (except for cleaning, caulking, and painting of course!)
If I get the chance I'll finish filling my two newest raised beds. I've already filled them with grass clippings, newspapers and soil will be next. I set up a cucumber trellis today but have to wait on planting for a little while at least until after April 15th and maybe longer- when the 15th comes I'll be glued to the 10 day weather forecast! I always direct sow my cucumbers but I may start a few in peat pots to get a jump start on germination.
Here's my Weekend Garden To-do List!
- Greenhouse siding on the gables.
- Add another cabinet to the inside of the greenhouse (In case you missed the post on the other two here's the link).
- Assemble a plant bench.
- Fill the raised beds.
- Mower maintenance!
A look back at this week on The Home Garden:
Saturday March 20
- Mulch Madness! It's that time of the year when gardeners everywhere are rushing to gather mulch anyway possible.
Sunday March 21
- What's the Best Mulch? Do you have a favorite mulch?
Monday March 22
Tuesday March 23
- Growing Lettuce in the Vegetable Garden - It's time!
Wednesday March 24
Thursday March 25
Friday March 26
- A Few Flower Photos, and the crocuses are finally blooming!